Tuesday 18 December 2007

We wrapped ourselves up this morning and headed up to Penrith to go swimming then onto the Home Ed group there. Frosty mornings don't tend to put me in the mood for swimming but Eilidh was so excited as she wanted to show me her underwater swimming so off we went. Eilidh has really come on in confidence since going a bit more regularly again, she went in with no arm bands , put her goggles on and she was off, collecting things from the bottom of the pool and then actually swimming (with no feet on the floor!!!) underwater. Brilliant!!
Some of the older boys came and played with Ben, putting him on their backs and swimming along amidst screams of laughter. This time I actually got to go for a 'proper' swim while Dave kept an eye on them all. Well, I say swim but I only managed four lengths in the big pool and came out again feeling completely deflated! It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been as busy and I could take it at my own pace but they all seemed to be in a hurry charging up and down the pool so I gave up!!

We went on to the Home Ed get together afterwards where we spent the afternoon chatting while the kids killed each other.

It was a long day for the kids and they were both shattered tonight so hopefully we will have a good nights sleep as well.

No comments: