Friday 14 March 2008

Today we went off to our monthly cookery group. This time it was decorating easter eggs, making easter biscuits, making easter eggs and doing some sugarcraft flowers. Ben and Eilidh headed straight for the biscuit making and we managed to get a whole batch made before they ran off to decorate their chocolate easter eggs with lovely coloured icing. Bens ended up being decorated with lovely green splodges of icing, a camoflage easter egg!! Eilidhs had orange hair and then got painted all over with orange icing. Yum!!

Ben fell asleep on the way home and went to bed for an hour or so, soon followed by me as I was feeling wiped out.So Eilidh and Dave went shopping and made tea, great!!

Yesterday, Dave had been sorting out some of the garden while I took the kids to a garden centre to get some seed potato's. After finding the first one closed we went on to the next only to be faced with hundreds of different seed potatoe's. I took one look and realised I didn't have a clue what I was wanting so gave up and came home!! I've done a bit more research now so I will be ready for anything next time!!

4 comments:

Fran said...

Dad said i needed Seed potatos so I went and got loads!!! I think I will be feeding the whole of somerset!! I haven't got a clue either!

Lock Family said...

Potatoes are great though, the kids loved doing them last year in lots of buckets! They were like pirates hunting for treasure, well alright...two happy kids covered in mud finding little potatoe treasure!! We just sent of for some free from Fothergills (new kind apparantly!?)

Fran said...

How do you get free ones?

Lock Family said...

Sorry not Fothergills at all!! If you go onto www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk and then click on their special offers you will find a free trial pack of 'Vale Emerald' seed potatoes. Just order one of these and all you pay is about £1 shipping. We've ordered some to give them a go this year so we shall see.