Friday 28 March 2008

Well, I am now another year older!! I had a lovely quiet birthday on Wednesday. Eilidh suddenly realised on Tuesday night that she hadn't got a present for me so Dave took them both off in the morning to go shopping and to the library. This meant I had a nice quiet morning sorting out Ben's room and pottering about in peace. They arrived back at 2pm and I was banished upstairs to read while they wrapped presents and put away nice yummy food they had also got. I then got to open them all, lots of delicious chocolates, a Jamie Oliver book and garden journal (fantastic!). We then decided we would try the cinema again but just as we were getting our shoes on Kate, Dennis and Florence turned up to play with a lovely plant and some Damson Vodka (mmmmmm!!!).

When they went we decided it was too late to get to the cinema so opted for a DVD with popcorn at home, that was after a 'proper' curry from a takeaway as it's my fave!! The kids went to bed REALLY late and so I had to try out some of Kate's vodka, which was lovely!! A really good day.

Today we have been out most of the day at art group, making paper flowers, painting plant pots, drawing and painting. I've been feeling absolutely wiped out the last few days so blog has been abandoned a bit. I guess that calls for some more of that vodka......

6 comments:

Fran said...

I'm soo sorry - what a rubbish sister I am,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
yes i forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
will you ever forgive me?????????
with happiest birthday wishes from you forgetfull, demented, strangly odd, old, madcow of a sister!XXX

Lock Family said...

Yeah honestly, like I ever remember anyones birthday!!!!!! Birthdays just aren't the same when you get older are they? Never mind, at least I have Jamie to look at!!!

Fran said...

Yes, he always cheers me up - him and Russell Brand!!!!

Lock Family said...

Russell Brand???? what was that you said "demented, strangly odd, old, madcow of a sister!" - yeah well, nuff said.

Love,

Dave.
XXX

Fran said...

I will have you know Russell Brand is the most luciously good looking man around at the mo ( part from Andy that is (he might read this))
I find it strange that I seem to be the only person I know that can see Russell Brands many qualities!

Lock Family said...

I think you may need another appointment at the opticians!!!!! Well, I guess they say 'Love is blind'! !