Thursday 15 May 2008

Entrepeneurs ?

Getting a bit lapse with the blog so I will try and catch up. On Tuesday the kids went off to our friends Jayne and Ditch's for the day while I helped Dave out with a job which he wanted to get finished. They had a great time playing with their kids and dogs in their huge garden complete with tree house. Of course, they didn't want to come home again!!

Yesterday was library day, I found a great book on making soap so we might have to give that a go one of these days (along with the hundred other things we want to do!) Today was spent pottering about the garden and house. Dave wasn't working so he was out digging some more of the garden out with a guy from Freecycle who had come to get some topsoil. They filled up the back of the pick-up but it looks like hardly any has gone from the garden. Hopefully we will have some more people wanting topsoil and it will slowly disappear. We desperately want to get the garden level so we can have a proper table and chairs to sit on and the kids can do bits and pieces on in the summer. Any volunteers???? we'll provide a room (or a tent) and food!!!!

Me and Eilidh potted out some tomato plants we had been growing on our windowsill and realised that we had ended up with loads. I half jokingly suggested we set up a table out the front to sell them to passers by. Of course Eilidh decided this was a great idea, and I was ordered in to make signs, get a table and make an honesty box (she's soooo bossy!!) We set up our little stall and left it out all afternoon and we sold seven plants....not bad for not much effort. Ok it was only £3.50 but Eilidh was really chuffed....our mini entrepeneur!!!

Dave took the kids out to get a paddling pool and also came back with a mini greenhouse for me, so I now have somewhere to put all my seedlings (ones that haven't been sold!!) I hope it can survive the winds that seem to whip around our house sometimes, but since our 'proper' greenhouse got squished by a tree earlier this year I think it's great!!

I am desperate for a workroom / shed / anything as I have a hundred ideas running through my head at the moment and have nowhere to make any of them happen...GRRRRRR...very frustrating. It's such a pain getting the sewing machine and clobber out only to have to clear it all away every time. I can but dream...........

No comments: