Sunday 25 May 2008

Not much has happened, yesterday was cottage cleaning and then off to our friends in Kendal for coffee and playing. Today was church and then playing games and pottering about at home. So instead of a blog I found a great poem on one of our Home Ed Groups today which I thought summed us up!!! Anyone who's been to our house knows what I mean!!!!


Dust If You Must - (Author Unknown)
Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better,
To paint a picture or write a letter,
Bake a cake or plant a seed,
Ponder the difference between want and need?
Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
Music to hear and books to read,
Friends to cherish and life to lead.
Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come 'round again.
Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not always kind.
And when you go and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.


And this one.......


I hope that my child
Looking back on today
Remembers a mother
Who had time to play
Children grow up
While you are not looking
There'll be years ahead later
For cleaning and cooking
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I am rocking my baby
And babies don't keep.

No comments: