Saturday 31 May 2008

We seem to have missed most of the horrible weather everyone else has had. We had a couple of days with a bit of rain and now it is beautiful sunshine again.Ha Ha!!! Of course the rain didn't stop us, Dave was working so me and the kids got togged up in our waterproofs and headed down to the lake, fishing nets and a flask of coffee in hand. Eilidh put on her VERY pink waterproof suit and found out she had outgrown it in the space of six months. Probably just as well as she is refusing to go anywhere near anything pink at the moment, I was quite surprised she actually put it on!! She's going through a 'boy' phase and keeps telling me she isn't a girl anymore but a tomboy.

The kids had a splash about in the lake in their wellies and clambered about on some rocks then we decided to head off for some lunch over at Coniston. By this time the rain had stopped and it was really warm. Coniston was really busy as it's half term but we found a quiet spot where the river flows into the lake and they got on with building dams and trying to get across the river to explore the other side. They managed it eventually with a wooden plank they found and then disappeared off to explore where I couldn't take pictures of them!!! They've both got really good at dodging my camera now so I have to sneakily catch them when they don't expect it.

Yesterday Dave was off work as he has just finished a job so I wanted to go over to Farfield Mill which is an old mill turned into a art and craft centre where people have workshops and studios and sell their work. I wanted to get some ideas for making things, after looking around I realised that a lot of this crafty stuff is really quite easy to make and half of the people there aren't really doing anything spectacular but just have the confidence to make a go of it. Anyway, I came back with some new ideas and my head is whirring with things to do, I've got the bug!!!

As we were off doing cottages today, we decided to put out our table of tomato and baby corn plants to sell at the front of our house and see how many we could sell. We came back to find about £4 in our honesty box so that's not too bad, we were chuffed anyway!!!

No comments: