Sunday 6 July 2008

It has been pouring with rain here, thunderstorms and generally horrible weather. Eilidh decided yesterday that she was going to make a camp outside (the few minutes it had stopped raining!!)
She packed up her bag with notebook, pencil (for nature observations), torch, book to read and food (banana, apple, orange and figs) and a bottle of water and off she went. Ten minutes later i was wondering where she had got to as it was starting to rain again. I found her sitting under the tree outside the front of our garden, with her bike and her umbrella up reading her book!!! Quite happy, she sat out there for another half hour or so and eventually came back in when she spotted some lightening coming our way!!! 

Dave had to get his bike out this morning and cycle down to church as he was helping to set up and we had to follow on later with the truck. My poorly car has been put up on ebay  to sell for repairs so hopefully we will get someone wanting it, saves us taking it to the scrapyard! 

I have been really, really worn out and I think my Thyroxin dosage needs to be upped so I guess it's time for a trip back to the doctors. I hate going as  they always treat you as if you are a paranoid woman who doesn't know how her own body feels but I guess I don't have much choice.  GRRRR! 

On a good note, it's Ben's fifth birthday on Tuesday (can you believe it??) and we have a day out secretly planned. We are heading off to Arnside to catch a normal train to Ravenglass to then go onto the miniature railway at Eskdale. For our little man who LOVES trains this will hopefully be a brilliant day!! Fortunately he can't read yet so I can write it here!! The Eskdale railway is through a gorgeous part of the Lakes so we can stop at different places to have lunch and look around and then just hop back on again. We camped over there last year but didn't have the money to go on the train and he was desperate to go then so can't wait to see his face!! Even Eilidh doesn't really know where we are going so it will be a surprise for them both.     

1 comment:

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Sorry I'm rubbish at remembering!XX