Friday 25 April 2008

After a day at home yesterday, making pumpkin seed rolls, building train tracks and watching telly we went off today to our Home Ed art group. Eilidh was really busy making some print-work, cutting out a pattern from lino and using ink to print it onto paper. They had an artist guy there again and he was great with the kids, showing them just what to do and helping but not taking over (like I would!!) Ben, however has been so tired this week and didn't want to do anything except play so that's precisely what he did!! He spent most of the time at the group running around outside in the drizzly rain in a t-shirt (honestly... who are his parents??!!) Me and Dave got on and made some note books made from twigs, they actually look really good!

Ben got home and was absolutely whacked out, so we disappeared upstairs for a snuggle in our bed to read some books. You would of thought that by now I would know not to let a very, very over-tired little boy fall asleep on our bed without making sure he had been to the loo first!!! OOOOPS! Not sure what we will be sleeping in tonight as he did a very good job of making sure everything got soaked!! Ho Hum........

3 comments:

Mieke said...

Well, you'll have to test your camping gear, then! Aw, poor you (she says, ever so glad these times are well behind us...)
I had a looooong read because I had to do a lot of catching up. As I thought, Dave, I'd put only one of the pages in my favourites... silly me. Maybe my kids are right and I am going senile. But I had a good time and it was nice to read it all in one go! And I saw the tipi's we talked about.
Right, from now on my eye is on you again... Big Mama is watching!!
Hopefully I'll get my work finished this weekend so that I can allow myself some blog time.
Love from all of us here, Ken will phone soon to see if we can arrange something for next week.
xxxx

Fran said...

BOYS - don't you just love them!!!
( the worrying thing is they don't change with age!)

Lock Family said...

Hi Mieke, nice to see you here!! It'll be great to meet up next week on our travels.

Fran, at least when he's older he won't insist on soaking our bed......or will he????