Tuesday 19 August 2008

Yesterday Ben and Eilidhs friends, Zeph and Isaac came over for the day. Their mum and dad had some business to sort out in Kendal so the kids had great fun playing all day. It was actually much easier having more kids as they all played together quite happily and I had none of the 'I'm bored' routine!! Although the noise was driving me nuts at one point so I disappeared upstairs with a strong coffee and a good bookfor a while!! (I don't think they even noticed I was gone!)

Dave has a queue of jobs to be done but the weather has been so rubbish that all the outdoor jobs are on hold. Fortunately he had some lighting and hooks to do indoors yesterday for someone and today he is back down at our church lining out a huge shed so at least he's not in the pouring rain and will probably be fed biscuits and tea throughout the day!!

We are stuck at home again today, I know we have just got back from camping but being stranded at home is already doing my head in! I'm obviously the kind of person who needs to get out and about (probably because I can then ignore all the jobs that need doing around the house!!) Have to go, the kids are nopw squabbling over a toy fire engine.....oh what joy!!??

2 comments:

Tina said...

I totally agree that 4 are easier than 2, that's why i love child mindin g the girls 2 days a week. Who would have thought eh lol :)
Have you got any plans for Eilidh's birthday?

Lock Family said...

The plan is to go over to South Lakes Animal Park as she has asked to go to the zoo again. I don't think she really remembers much about it from when we last went with you. The only problem is that we have hardly any presents for her yet and I have no car to go and get some.....help!!! It might be a mad rush around tomorrow. Her birthday is being postponed one day until Sunday as we have two cottages to do on Saturday.