Tuesday 2 September 2008

Dave took the kids out on Sunday to give me a break, they went off to church and then down to Mintfest in Kendal which is a street festival with acts, music and
loads of other stuff going on. Unfortunately it was pouring with rain again (or is that still!) but I managed to have a lovely bath and read my book in peace and they all came back quite happy.

Yesterday my friend Kate and her two kids, Dennis and Florence came over and picked me and the kids up and we all went off to Eden Ostrich World near Penrith for the day. We actually had lovely weather all the time we were there and it's a really nice place. It's a bit like these farm parks but obviously they have Ostriches as well. It's really nicely layed out and there is lots for everyone to do and plenty of different animals not just all play areas like some others!

Boys will be boys!










Even Kate decided to join in.











Just lazing around enjoying the sunshine.













mmmm...chocolate cake!










Thanks goodness they're not 17 yet!










This is a cross between a Zebra and a pony. Can you make out the stripes?

This week I am working down at the church, cleaning each day just while someone else is away. I had to get up really early (6am) to go down and have decided I am definitely not a morning person!!

Eilidh decided she wanted to do some 'work' today as some of her friends have gone back to school now so we sat down and looked through some workbooks on times tables. Ben also did some workbooks but I think he didn't quite get the right idea!! (or maybe this is!!!)
I also managed to finish a jumper for Ben with some lovely soft wool I was given off Freecycle. Unfortunately I don't think it will fit it for long. I'm really not that in to knitting jumpers as they usually take so long but I managed to get this finished within a week and the wool was too nice to put away. Isn't he gorgeous?


2 comments:

Fran said...

That jumper looks brilliant!

Lock Family said...

Good eh, I haven't knitted a jumper for years and don't intend to do many more!! I'm busy getting a load of stuff knitted to felt and then try and sell it on Etsy which is an American site selling loads of gorgeous handmade stuff. We shall see..........