Monday 8 September 2008

It's not raining!!!! I know.... amazing but I think we may get through a whole day with no rain. The kids have gone to play at Phoebe's house (2 doors down) so I thought I would catch up on blogging. This week has felt like a really weird week, I have been working down at the church, cleaning every day for a couple of hours. This was meant to be early mornings but as I am hopeless in the mornings, they let me come in at night when everyone had packed up and gone home. Considering I was on my own in a big empty church, (one night in a rain storm) it was actually not spooky at all, quite nice actually! I'm usually quite sensitive to 'spooky' things but I was happily singing away while mopping the floor, just as well no-one else was there!!!

We also had a church party yesterday to celebrate their 'new church' building, they have just had the main area redecorated and all the pews ripped out to put in chairs instead. They decided to invite all the local people to a party so that everyone can see what has been happening. There was face-painting, bouncy castle, games, table tennis,cakes, coffee, bubble machines etc.........and loads of people came in which was great. They also had a great band playing, one of them being our friend Steve's son, although you could see they were just itching to turn the volume up and really play but had to keep it as background music to keep everyone happy!!

Apart from that we have had quiet days in. Ben has decided he wants to write and walks around with his notebook asking how to write his letters. This is the first time he's shown any interest in sitting and working, so long may it last!! Both him and Eilidh spent nearly all day on Friday going through workbooks and a pile of worksheets I was given by an ex-teacher.Although Ben says he can't read he can actually work out loads of small words if he thinks about it, although he still prefers to snuggle up and listen!

No comments: