Monday 13 October 2008

I think I married Del Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now have our house full of camping equipment which he was given by a friend who owns a camping shop. This is all stuff which has been bought back to the shop which they don't have the time to sort out so gets shoved into the back and forgotton about! They would have just sent it all to land-fill if Dave hadn't taken it...unbelievable!!!
After sorting through about half of it we have found some bits which seem to be absolutely fine, some which are repairable and some which have definately 'had it'! I have been busy Ebaying loads but now am faced with the problem of blowing up about 20 airbeds to see if they leak....HELP!

Anyway, the kids have been great today, they started painting this morning and kept going backwards and forwards to it all morning. Now they are quite happily sat at the kitchen table colouring in and listening to their third Famous Five story on CD. Yes, this is the boy who usually can't sit still for more than five minutes!

I had a lightbulb moment the other day (bit late I know but...) Instead of rushing around trying to get everything that I need to get done first, I decided to try and get the kids settled with whatever it is they want to be doing first and then sort out my bits. Well, it seems to have worked today and I've actually managed to get a bit done but we shall see.... I know tomorrow I may be having a stress-head day so we'll take it as it comes!! Everything seems to hinge on me and how I feel so I've really got to make a huge effort to de-stress each day and stop worrying about the 'small things'!!! (That was a bit deep....scary!)

4 comments:

Fran said...

Tell Dave - NO is a good word - for your sanity!!XX

Lock Family said...

I know but at least these are making us a bit of extra cash!!

Lock Family said...

Dave says "You got to take a bargain when it is going", this one is already offering us about £140 so far & the auctions are not finished yet with more to list". See this time next year.....

Mum-jenny said...

Yes I am sure you married del boy but we like him! so keep him a bit longer.